As you know that Kindle connects to the wifi internet to work efficiently. Wi-fi Internet provides it the capability to execute tasks online. But, Sometimes we see our Kindle Fire connected to wifi but no internet access” message display below it. If you got into the same kindle wifi issue, then don’t panic! it’s fixable. The functioning of the Kindle fire device entirely depends on the Internet. that is why it needs a wifi internet network to work and function. To solve this issue you will have to first check your Router or modem along with your kindle device for internet connectivity issues and fix them. Below mentioned are the simple guidelines that will help you to fix this WiFi problem. The kindle device also gives you the same problem when you connect it to wifi via hotspot.
Kindle Fire Connected to wifi but no internet
Firstly, You have to check your networking equipment (router) and kindle E-reader device to fix “no internet” issues. You can also check your wifi connection status by connecting any other device to that same WiFi to see if it’s working or not.
- A wifi router could have outdated equipment, software bugs, or existing cellular networks, etc.
- Too many users are connected and using the same WLAN connection.
- Public WLAN networks and hot-spots located in places that offer low wifi signal intensity.
- Router’s Firmware not updated to the latest version
- Restart Your Router: The FBI has recently recommended it. Re-initializing your ISP link or restarting your internet router can help you access the Internet via WiFi.
- Update the software on your router.
- Test The WAN Internet Cable That Links To The Router: Check if it’s faulty, broken, or not connected properly.
- Look For Another Wi-Fi Hot-Spot To Link your kindle: Find a new wifi hotspot and connect your kindle to the wifi.
Also Read: Kindle not charging
Are other devices attached to the same Wi-Fi hot-spot internet working? if other devices working well with the wifi. Then check your kindle for a few errors and issues.
- Limited internet session restrictions on public WiFi networks – you may lose connectivity until you authenticate again when the session expires.
- Getting spotty signal strength from remote WiFi networks and hot-spots.
- Your kindle device connecting to (other) public, non-functional WiFi hot-spots.
- Tap on the Settings icon, go to the more option to select the “Devices” option.
- Now, tap on the ” Reset to the factory defaults” option” and select the “erase everything” option to reset your kindle fire device.
- Hold down the Power button for 40 seconds on your kindle fire to restart it
- You have the opportunity to restart your Kindle device after resetting it. You can press the power button to switch on the device.
If you see your kindle fire connected to WiFi but no internet. Then, it’s just because of the wrong WiFi password. You need to be specific about entering the correct password to link your kindle to the wifi internet network.
Hopefully, you can fix the Kindle fire unable to access the wireless Internet, using these simple troubleshooting guidelines. If you are unable to solve the issue yet, then, we suggest you to contact the experts to get support for Kindle and request their assistance in solving the dilemma.
Also Read: Kindle paperwhite won’t turn on
Kindle Wifi setup
If you see a Kindle fire connected to wifi but no internet access on it. Then, you will have to connect the kindle fire to the wifi again. Now, the main question that arises in the mind of most kindle users is How to connect kindle to wifi.
Start the kindle wifi setup by following the below mentioned steps.
Things to have before starting the Kindle wifi setup.
- Working Internet Connection
Confirm the internet is working right. The speed of wifi is also fine and if there is any error then contact your internet service provider.
- Inputting Right Wi-Fi Password
If in case you input the wrong WiFi password then it can lead to non-completion of kindle wifi setup. You must ensure that the correct id and password is used for solving the query of how to connect kindle to Wi-Fi. On entering the wrong password will lead to issues and the kindle wifi setup won’t get complete.
- Gadget Software
Kindle must equip with latest software version for beginning reading sessions without any error. You have to ensure that every time when the software is available for download then it must get install.
Also Read: How to reset kindle fire
How to connect kindle to wifi
Connecting kindle to the wifi network is very important to let your Kindle E-reader device work. That is how you can use your Kindle device efficiently and access the features it provides you.
You must have an efficiently working wifi internet, a Kindle device with you before you start the kindle wifi setup and use it.
- Choose the gear Symbol from the upper right corner of your Kindle device.
- Select the Wi-Fi option.
- Tap the network which you want to link with your Kindle fire E-reader.
- Now, input the Wi-Fi password to connect the kindle to wifi.
- Click on the “Connect” option to setup wifi on your kindle.
After that, you must save the password of the connected wi-fi network to use it in the future as well. Now, If your Kindle wifi is open. Then, your kindle will automatically connect to the same network every time it comes in the wifi range of that network. If wireless signals are strong enough then you can easily access your kindle device without any issues.
Connect 2nd & 3rd generation kindle to wifi
- From home display move down.
- Choose the wireless option for connecting with the wireless network.
- Select Wi-Fi and choose the network with which you want to connect.
- If require input wifi password.
- Tap connect.
Also Read: How to remove ads from kindle fire