We all know that the Kindle e-reader allows us to read our favorite books and provides us the easy & best book reading experience. But do you know? that you can also read books on your Windows or Mac computer by downloading the kindle app on your PC. Kindle app provides you the same book reading experience on your personal computer as you get on your kindle e-reader device. You don’t have to transfer or convert your books or their related files to any other format as the kindle app supports the books of all the file formats. Now, you might be thinking, how can you download the kindle app on your windows or mac computer. Don’t worry we are here to provide you the best help regarding it. We have mentioned a few simple steps series below to tell you about how can you download the kindle app on windows or mac PC.
Kindle app for PC
- Launch the web browser on your windows or mac computer.
- Now, you can simply type in www.amazon.com/kindleapps from your PC keyboard.
- After a few seconds, you will see an Amazon website kindle page.
- After scrolling down, you will see the three options for downloading the kindle app.
- Select the “Download for PC & Mac” option.
- As you click on it, your PC will ask you to download a file “KindleForPC-installer-1.30.59056”.
- Click on the “Save” button to download this file.
- Once, the Kindle for PC file is downloaded, click on it to launch the app.
- Kindle app will ask you for your Amazon account username and password for login to the kindle app.
- After a few seconds, the homepage of your kindle app will appear before you. There you can search for your favorite books and also download free books along with free samples.
If you have created any highlights by using unique colors, pen down notes, or bookmarked pages, in your books. Then, everything will be automatically synced to the “kindle app for PC” as you log in with your Amazon account.
Also Read: Kindle Fire won’t turn on
System requirements for downloading the kindle app for PC?
You need to have the following three main things for downloading the kindle app on PC.
- Active & Efficient Internet Connection
- Amazon Account login details. ( For e.g username, password)
- Windows, Mac computer or laptop
The system requirements to download & install the kindle app will be the same for all Mac & Windows computers. The kindle application also displays you a double-row version, so that you could easily change the look of your kindle screen according to your reading requirements.
Benefits of Downloading & using the Kindle app on PC?
Well, there are many attractive benefits you will get after downloading the kindle app on your PC.
- You can easily sync any book. There will be no error while reading books and the book will open again from the same page where it stopped if it stops.
- You are no longer required to transfer files before downloading the kindle app. You can easily download the kindle app for PC after signing in from your amazon account.
- Easy access and navigation to the kindle books.
- The flexibility of accessing notes and bookmarks from any windows or Mac PC.
You may also go for Factory reset kindle
Download kindle app for windows 10
How to Download the Kindle app for Windows 10?
If you want to read your favorite e-books, but do not have a Kindle e-reader with you. Don’t worry, you can read your Kindle e-books on your Windows 10 PC by downloading the kindle app by going to amazon.com/kindleapps and install it. You can unpack it and install it and login into it from your Amazon account details to access books on it. If you don’t have any amazon account. Then, you can create a new one for signing into the kindle to read the books you want to read.
Also read: Kindle connected to wifi but no internet
How to download kindle app for Mac?
As we have mentioned above kindle application is also available for download on the Mac PC. For getting the kindle app for Mac you need to follow the steps mentioned below.
- Firstly, you need to open the application store.
- In the search box of the app store type Kindle and click on the “Get” option.
- Double-click on the kindle app for launching it on Mac.
- The final step is to carefully follow all the on-screen instructions.
That is how you can download the kindle app on a Mac computer and enjoy the features of Kindle app on your Mac PC or laptop.
You can also read: Kindle fire not charging
Steps to fix the Kindle app for PC problems?
Sometimes, Users face many kinds of issues with their kindle app while downloading or using it. We have given some kindle app issues and simple methods below that will help you in removing the kindle app issues and run it smoothly on your PC.
- Kindle app not downloading
If you are facing any error while downloading the kindle app for PC. Then it is happening due to PC settings. In this case, you have to remove old setup files from the kindle app on your PC, restart your PC and then try to install it again.
- Kindle app not working:
For fixing this error you must deregister the kindle app and try register with it with your Amazon account again. If you want to buy and read Kindle content, then, you must register your Amazon account with the kindle app on your PC by logging into the amazon account.
- No content is available for download:
The main thing you need to do here is to check if your internet connection is working fine. If your PC is not connected with a working internet connection. Then, you won’t be able to shop, download or sync from the kindle store & download the kindle app for PC.
In case your internet connection is working fine, Then you need to manually sync your Windows PC by clicking on the tools option and selecting the sync tab.
- Cleaning Disk:
Sometimes when the internet is working fine and efficiently for downloading the kindle app on PC but the presence of temporary files on PC causes the app to work slow. Well, you can easily fix this by cleaning the disk.
Steps to clean the disk :
- Firstly, visit the start menu.
- Now you must choose the run box.
- In the next step, type the “clean mgr” in the search box.
- Press on the “enter” button.
- The disk clean up window will open.
- Now choose the files and folders you want to remove completely.
- At last, press the “Ok” button.
You may also go through Why my Kindle fire is not connecting to wifi